Like the title suggests, this note is for those times when you’ve just had an experience you’re still coming to grips with. How do you deal? Enjoy reading. And be sure to share anything you’d like to add
1. Leave logic first. How do you FEEL about this issue? Sometimes we focus so much on THINKING about stuff, figuring it out, that we forget to listen to what our spirit and God are trying to teach us. So leave the mental gymnastics. Open your spirit and FEEL it out.
2. You’ve identified how you feel. Now explore why. What does it make you feel like? Remind you of? What do you feel like doing. Follow that emotional and spiritual journey to an answer.
3. Wait. Pray. Talk to your circle. Don’t suffer in silence; you don’t have perspective right now. So talk to people whose values and logic you agree with. And whose judgement you trust.
4. Remember that you were fine before. You’ll be fine again
5. Forgive yourself. You’re not superhuman or omniscient. You will miss it sometimes. Important thing is, now you know better, you can do better
6. Allow yourself feel bad sha. You made a mistake. Bad stuff happened. Mourn that. Accept the pain. Cry the tears. Punch the wall. Then bandage your hand and get over it
7. Don’t fall into the trap of changing your personality. Every nature has its good and bad sides and you are the way you are for the purpose you were born for. Don’t allow a bad experience make you feel like there is something wrong with you. Don’t decide to become a different person totally. Keep that blame squarely where it belongs : with the situation
8. What did you LEARN? Everything I’ve just written is pointless if you can’t pick ONE thing you now know. Or gained. Or dropped
9. Guess what? You’ll screw up again in future. Or something else will happen. That’s why life is a learning process
10. You know what? You go dey ok. Maybe not immediately. But definitely